Friday, February 10, 2006

Holidays

The good thing about February, is my job. You see, we get both lincolns and presidents day off, which equals to paid holidays in an already short month. This year, we get two Mondays in a row off, two 3 day weekends in a row!! I love it. The other good thing about this month is the weather starts getting a little warmer, the rain has made everything so beautifully green and I take one of those 6 days and enjoy a 2 hour drive to the beach. I go to Capitola, a cute little beach community that hosts wine and art festivals and a castle building contest in the summer. I enjoy the bright green mountains, the waves crashing on the rocks, the sushi lunch, a day marveling at God's beauty, how he paints the world for us to enjoy. I come back, feeling much better. I will be taking this annual trip tomorrow. (actually, I go there about 7 times a year, but one is ALWAYS in Feb.)

God Bless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderfull trip to take. Thanks for the birthday call. Even late, it,s always good to be remembered :) Much love--Kim

2:06 PM  
Blogger Will said...

You eat sushi? When did that start? Where you going on your trip? Have a great time!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home