Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Things that make you go hmmmmmm......

My office is about 20 min from the juvenile courthouse, so on court days, I get into the county van and drive down a state highway (1 lane each way, not much of a highway) to the court. On the way I pass a U-Haul store, that apparently has a storage facility attached. They have a sign. It says, Free 30 day storage for Katrina Victims.

While the idea of helping Katrina victims is a great one, I am pretty sure most, if not all have NOTHING TO STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would be better if they just sent the money for 30 days of storage to the Red Cross, or some such organization. It was one of those things that just had me wondering, what are people thinking?

My life has gone from sort of boring, with me spending nights at home at the computer or in front of the tv to having a bit too much to do. When I finally found a church, I jumped in and am getting pretty involved in stuff, which is good, but well, I'm not used to having my evenings occupied!! I used to go home and veg and now I wonder how I will find the time to do all the stuff that needs doing! I'm sure I'll adjust, but adjustment periods are a pain.

God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Good point about the sign. I guess it's the thought that counts.

;-)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home