Friday, March 03, 2006

Almost here

In less than 2 weeks, I will be on my way to Florida and then to El Salvador and the adventure of my lifetime!! (so far anyway) I am going with Compassion International, a christian group that sponsors kids in Church schools. I sponsor Nahum. He is 11.

While in El Salvador, I will be spending time at a school and playing with the kids, I will be spending the day with Nahum at a water park and a day building houses in an area devestated by a hurricane (stan) last year.

I have been having a blast buying stuff for the kids! Candy, games, stickers, puzzles, crayons etc. And stuff for Nahum and his family. I don't think there will be much room in my suitcases for clothes!!!

I am so very excited, I can hardly wait. And as a bonus, the group is flying out of Miami, so I am flying into Ft. lauderdale and spending a few days with my parents. That's pretty cool. It would be quicker to get to El Salvador from California (where I live) or even Dallas (which is where they flew out of last year) but, the parents factor makes it cool.

Everyone seems a little worried about me going there, but all our activities are day trips and we will be returning to San Salvador (the capitol) every night and staying here. Not exactly roughing it!! I will have a roommate tho, and I hope we get along ok. I haven't had a roommate in 7 years so this should be interesting!

Oh and for this wonderful trip, I am considering buying a digital camera, a new world for me!! I borrowed one from a friend last summer, and it was pretty cool. I have to get a waterproof throwaway camera for the waterpark, that way I don't have to keep running to the rest area to take pictures!

God bless

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Wow, I step away from my blogroll for a sec and all of a sudden people start jaunting around the globe. You are probably there now having a fantastic adventure.

I look forward to hearing about it when you return---and maybe seeing some pics too!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://cxmvabou.com/cgsg/wpnf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vvgdghdu.com/dzyt/wpzr.html]Cool site[/url]

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://cxmvabou.com/cgsg/wpnf.html | http://egwsdzqc.com/acqv/qoiu.html

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home