Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I am back from El Salvador, Sigh.

I really don't have words to describe the experience. Other than I don't really want to be back.

One of the Compassion workers in El Salvador said that when you hug the kids at the projects (a different meaning there than here) you are hugging Jesus. I believe that. They were so very awesome and I am even more impressed with Compassion than I was before I went.

I also might need a bit of prayer conformation on the new direction my life is about to take. For many years now I have talked about adopting a child. I have never managed to get around to doing it, or even really taking active steps towards that goal. I have wanted to be a mom since I was 12!

Anyway, on Wednesday morning in the Puerta Libertdad project, I was hugging this little girl named Miryela. And I was crying. A lot. And I had a thought, that maybe this is what God wanted me to do, sponsor tons of kids all over the world and go visit one of them every year. I could help bring so many to Christ that way, I could help so many out of poverty and suffering that way. Instead of helping one child, I could help the world. By Friday I was pretty sure I was right. I couldn't (and still can't) image never doing a trip like that again. If I adopt, as a single parent with student loans, I would never be able to visit another child I sponsored again. And while part of my heart is breaking, because I am saying goodbye to my daughter (I wrote a letter to her) I am also crying in joy, for finally understanding God's plan for my life. I told my Mom and she said that she had a dream that I spent the rest of my life doing this, sponsoring and visiting kids. She had the dream when I was in El Salvador. And she started crying.

Anyway, (again) a bit of prayers from others and confirmation that this is God's path for me would be nice!

I was so touched by one of the girls I met Monday, Sara, that I had to sponsor her too. I pulled her aside and found out that she didn't have a sponsor and that afternoon they found her information and I became her sponsor. Also, they arranged to have her join Nahum and I at the water park on Tuesday! How impressive is that!! When the staff told her why she was standing there with a bunch of adults surrounding her, that I wanted to be her sponsor, she got a huge smile and said yes, I want her to be my sponsor. How can anything be better than that?

As soon as I download my pictures to the computer and figure out flicker I will post a link to the photos.

God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

oh Misty, this is so awesome. I am so happy for you---and proud of you. You bet I'll be praying that God would guide you evey step of the way.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home